Application Guide uni-assist
- An above-average economics or non-economics university first degree. This means your grade point average should at least be 2.5 (German grading system).
- An equivalent of 210 credit points (CP) according to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). Appropriate professional experience can be recognized up to a maximum of 30 CP.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience after graduation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the English language and a corresponding test certificate:
IELTS (minimum internet-based score of 88 or better)
TOEFL (minimum band score of 6.5 or better)
Cambridge Certificates (FCE – First Certificate of English (General English, BI), Grad A /
BEC Vantage (BI), Grade B or better / BEC Higher (CG), Grade C or better)
There is also the possibility to take part at our Inhouse English proficiency test.
Please Note: We do offer a preliminary eligibility check. If you want to find out how to make use of this service please have a look at our website.
- Copy of Passport
- Letter of Motivation (1 page max.)
- School-leaving certificate with a summary of the subjects and marks*
- Evidence of payment of the uni-assist handling fees (only for applicants with foreign university degrees)
- University degree* (certificate and the corresponding subject and grade summary in full)
- Employment references documenting a minimum of three years of professional experience after graduation*
- One of these certificates (not older than 2 years), documenting sufficient English knowledge*:
- Cambridge Certificates
- Alternatively: Registration for English certificate, that has to be taken before the semester starts (in case that the English certificate has not already been completed at the time of application)
- Confirmation of enrolment/ de-registration if you have previously studied in Germany
* All documents have to be sent to uni-assist by post. Have a look at uni-assists standards on how to submit your educational certificates, language certificates and additional documents correctly. Also Pay attention on how to certify and translate your copies.
Certificates on university studies
Your universities grading system
Important: Please have a look at how copies and translations are certified the right way as there are different standards. Copies are only accepted as certified when they carry the original official stamp and original signature of the certifying person. Copies, scans or uploaded copies of certified documents are not considered certified and cannot be accepted.
Find out under Info country by country if there are special notes on certificates from your country of origin.
Cambridge English language certificates FCE, CAE and CPE
Uni-assist can also verify the Cambridge English language certificates FCE, CAE, and CPE online. Simply send them your Candidate ID number and Secret number before the deadline – via uni-assists contact form. You will find the two numbers in your Confirmation of Entry for the Cambridge English test. You can find further information about the online verification on the Cambridge English homepage.
The h-da requires officially certified copies and certified copies of the translations of the following documents. You need to send these by post to uni-assist:
- School-leaving certificate with a summary of the subjects and marks
- University degree (certificate and the corresponding subject and grade summary in full)
- Employment references documenting a minimum of three years of professional experience after graduation
- An English language certificate not older than 2 years
Please have a look at how copies and translations are certified the right way as there are different standards for:
The following institutions may carry out official certifications:
- The issuing schools or universities
- The ministry of education in your country of origin
- German embassies and consulates
- The department of cultural affairs of the embassy of the country in which the certificate was issued
- Public authorities and notaries which are authorised to supply official certifications in your country of origin.
- Translators are not authorised to certify documents in their original language.
- Copies are only accepted as certified when they carry the original official stamp and original signature of the certifying person.
- Copies, scans or uploaded copies of certified documents are not considered certified and cannot be accepted.
The handling fees are set by the uni-assist universities. Fees must be paid irrespective of the result of the checking procedure.
In one application semester these handling fees apply:
Costs for the first desired course of study: 75.00 EUR. These costs are the same for all forms of application, whether standard or VPD procedure. The fees cover registration, processing and evaluation of your documents and educational certificates.
For further information please visit: