MBA Part Scholarships for Outstanding Personalities
The Faculty of Economics and Business Administration at h_da offers three MBA Part Scholarships per intake to MBA candidates. We are looking for candidates for our MBA scholarships who – based on their background and appearance – could become charismatic leaders. In addition, we would like to support candidates who are interested in management positions that require the skills taught in the MBA. We require determination and initiative. With the MBA scholarship we would like to explicitly support people whose previous career path deviates from the typical educational or professional career.
For the selection of applicants, we look at the following aspects in particular:
- Curriculum vitae or career path
- Particularly interesting projects
- Educational background and academic achievements
- Social or environmental commitment
- Communicative competence
- Intercultural competence
- Own initiative/ determination
Anyone who is interested in the MBA scholarship can apply as long as they have applied for the MBA full-time or part-time respectively. Applications for the scholarship can be submitted until 1 June each year for the following first semester (cut-off period). Applications for the scholarship must be submitted with your name and Applicant number by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org In addition to the documents already transmitted with the application you have to include the following documents to your scholarship application:
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 pages)
- Letter of recommendation
- Extended curriculum vitae, if applicable
- If necessary, further job references
- Certificates/ further education certificates, if applicable
- Language certificates, if applicable
- Other certificates, if applicable
All documents attached to the letter of motivation must be sent via email in one single PDF file. The file should not exceed 5 MB. Other file formats will not be opened and are considered as not submitted.
The selection of candidates will be carried out by the scholarship commission. The commission includes the study program director, the programme management and the account management. At the end of the application period, all applications received will be reviewed and suitable candidates will be promptly invited for an interview. The Interviews can be held via video conference if required. The final selection of the scholarship holders will be made after the interviews are carried out. Applicants will be informed about the decision promptly and will receive a letter.
The interviews will take place shortly after the application deadline for the scholarships. For the intake year 2021/2022, the interview dates are still to be published. We will inform all scholarship applicants about the interview dates after the end of the Application deadline.
A scholarship contract is signed with the candidates who receive a scholarship. The scholarship agreement includes the following points:
- The Department of Advanced Education of Hochschule Darmstadt reduces the tuition fee of the scholarship holder by 30%. Scholarships can generally not be combined with other discounts. Please note, that if you receive the early bird discount, the scholarship amounts to 30% of the reduced tuition fee.
- The scholarship holder is obliged to campaign for the MBA programme and the Darmstadt Business School, e.g.
- As ambassador for the MBA programme
- As an accompaniment to trade fair appearances
- As support at information events
- As participant in interviews
- Through the production of testimonials
- The scholarship holder declares his or her willingness to support Darmstadt Business School by providing a portrait for the programme homepage.
- The scholarship holder declares his or her willingness to be available for an in-depth interview after completion of the study programme. The interview may be used for advertising purposes in the context of marketing for the MBA programme and the Darmstadt Business School.